Friday, August 31, 2007

where did summer go?

i was not ready to go back to school this week. there are a lot of things i need to accomplish in the next two weeks and it's seriously freaking me out. summer came and went so quickly and i'm really wishing that all i had to do was knit all day long.

instead i'm freaking out and frantically pulling together everything i need to apply to the teaching credential program at CSU Chico. (a friend says i shouldn't be so worried, they need science teachers in california, you know.) Despite school starting, working part time, and freaking out in between i managed to knit on the tangled yoke cardigan... but how?

this is how.

sandwiched between pens, pencils and notebooks sits the tangled yoke cardigan. EVERY free minute i had was spent on the cardigan. i got some strange looks and a few "what's that you're making?" questions.

i'm almost done with the body before setting it aside to make the sleeves.
these pictures are lame cuz they're from my phone, but you get the idea. also i messed up on the decreasing and it's spaced out incorrectly but you know, i don't really care. it doesn't look deformed when it's wrapped around my body. my row gauge is off and i had an issue with bad math and some impatience but i'm still in love with this cardigan. the yarn fumes must have dopamine in them.

7 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger sophanne said...

I'm having the same issues (not huge-just there) with row gauge. It must be the horizontal pattern that has the dopamine- it's happening here too. Let me just say I wish I would have put a lifeline in before I started the yoke and not after!

Now that there'sone in there, I feel a little better.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog recently while reading the Central Park Hoodie KAL -- your CPH is lovely! I just wanted to say hello as I am located in your general area (Sacramento).
I like the color of your cardigan!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger pamela said...

I really like your yarn choice and the decrease snafu isn't noticeable at all. Oh,yeah, you're going to make an awesome science teacher :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...it is going to be so pretty! I need to get knitting on mine (I cast on last week but have been trying to work on Cherry too.)

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it! I love this pattern - maybe even enough to knit one for myself!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I wish I had been knitting when I was in school...Enjoy!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Looks great! I hope you continue to find time to knit with all that you're doing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home