Monday, February 26, 2007

anyone know a leprechaun?

i've been knitting my jaywalker sock during school hours, all the while giggling to myself at how clever i am. knitting during school, it's pure genius! then i tried the sock on this weekend. well, i tried to try it on. the sock is WAY too small.


also, i am WAY too stubborn to rip it out and start again. i made my smallest friend try it on, and she couldn't slip it over her heel.

what can be done with a too-small-half-knitted sock? let's find out.

pencil cup?


no

ear wamer?


no

light bulb cozy?


no

dinner?


no

clearly, i need to find a leprechaun for these socks.

in other news, i've been working on the cph.


i'm halfway through the second sleve and i picked up the hood stitches last night. getting closer! i need to have it finished by the time i go to NYC. i'll be there mid-march, wait, what's that? the yarn harlot's (shock the muggles) book signing is in mid-march? oh yes, i'll be there. my mom and i extended our trip to make it :) SO excited!

6 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My recommendation for the Leprechaun would be to dye Bear's hair green and make a matching sock for the other ear. Then celebrate on March 17th with a good meal of corned beef and cabbage, and a cold beer.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My recommendation for the Leprechaun would be to dye Bear's hair green and make a matching sock for the other ear. Then celebrate on March 17th with a good meal of corned beef and cabbage, and a cold beer.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Kara said...

I had the same problem with my Jaywalker. Unfortunately it is a pattern that does not have a lot of give. I had to rip mine out twice before I finally got the right size. If you go to Grumperina's blog she has instructions on making a bigger jaywalker.

It is worth it in the end to rip it out and re-do it (I know that is hard to believe). I mean, your yarn is too pretty to end up being a light-bulb cozy. ;)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Kara said...

BTW..CPH is looking fab!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger VickeryKnits said...

I feel your pain! I'm debating casting on for the bigger size but the bitterness is still there...

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Toni Lavender said...

You are really very clever! I love your sense of humor in light of your knitting disaster. I will carry this memory with me WHEN I experience such a folly (and I know I will).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home