Sunday, December 31, 2006

goodbye 2006

it's the last hour of 2006 and i'd hoped to post photos of the things i've been knitting lately (but i don't have any). my brother is going to send me pictures of his feet in the socks i made him for christmas and also a picture of my mom in her new Odessa hat. maybe i'll put up some pictures next year. ha. i don't know why i think that's so funny. i'm pretty sure no one else thinks that's funny. hrm.

for now, i'm thinking up some new year's (knitting) resolutions...

1. finish UFOs. i have a million. some of them just need the ends woven in. what's up with that?
2. give steeking a try...ah!
3. knit (and finish) more things for myself.

i'm trying to be realistic with my list. i would commit to going on a yarn diet or giving project monogamy a try but i know it won't last long enough to see results. seriously. not buy yarn? ha! not start a new project every week? pshaw.

we'll save that for '08

happy new year!

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all should pledge to knit more treats for ourselves.....everyone around us receives handknit items; we should too.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it comes to knitting, I admit, I'm a polygamist. Just bought yarn for two more projects. Happy New Year!

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. I always have at least two projects on my needles-if not more- and I rarely finish them =D
Here is the pattern for the socks:
http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/crookedcable.pdf
I really didn't trust myself to design the first pair I ever made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home