Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break is a special week for me. Instead of planning a trip somewhere far, warm and full of excitement, I use this time to become a hermit and cloister myself at home. Perhaps it's that little bit of introvert in me that says to stay in during my time off from the crazy school days (and my, are they ever crazy). I wear flat shoes instead of heels, read books and watch silly British movies just for the accents. Oh, and I knit.







Project: Peaks Island Hood by Ysolda
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage 2.5 skeins in Oak
Needle: US 10
Buttons: coconut wood, 1 inch diameter

I whole-heartedly love this hooded scarf. The color is the most perfect green. The variations in the yarn make it look like the mosses and lichens on rocks growing in the shady parts of Bidwell Park. Magical.

8 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Spring break, great scarf.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice blog

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for your blog
suffolk county houses

Get Rid Of Timeshare

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very pretty. Good job. I have knitted since I was about 15 and would love to get into more projects. Don't feel guilty about being an introverted person. I am that way too. Sometimes we just need a little time away from all "the noise."

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Kevin Durant said...

These are really good.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love this!

I work with AllFreeKnitting and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

Adam Kaplan
akaplan@primecp.com

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Shaz @Online PhD in Computer Security said...

Wow, we’re more likely the same, a home buddy type or person. I usually spend more time at home than having trips or fun at the beach. Coz’ I hate the painful heat of the sun. It makes my skin more oily and sweaty. I must then admit, the purple sweater looks really cool and pretty. Hope you could post photos of the finished project. I surely can’t wait!

My homepage: Online PhD UK Programs

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Shaimaa Elsadek said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالطائف
شركة تنظيف كنب بالطائف
شركة رش مبيدات بالطائف
شركة تنظيف شقق بالطائف
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالطائف
ارخص شركة تنظيف منازل بالطائف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
ارخص شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالطائف
تنظيف عمائر بالطائف
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالطائف

 

Post a Comment

<< Home