Saturday, October 16, 2010

something with a bow

it turns out, i can knit a lot of garter-stitch while walking around OSH. two OSH workers commented on my ability to perform my hobby while living out my "normal" life.

i originally bought this yarn to make some cute kind of anthropologie-esque vest. after ripping this "anthropologie-esque vest" out 4 times, i realized this yarn wanted to be something else. it wanted to be something easy. something cute. something with a bow.

voilá!








quick, simple, fun and fantastic.

Yarn: wool-ease worsted weight yarn in "Sienna"
Needles: US 8
Pattern: my own: CO 16 stitches. knit garter stitch for about 2 feet or as long as desired. BO all sts. tie the garter stitch strip into a bow and sew the CO and BO ends together. use a bit of yarn to tie down the bow to the headband portion if the bow sticks out too much.

loves it.

16 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger KK said...

Very Cute!!! Great Idea...bet you will see these around real soon. Love it and it looks adorable on you!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Julie said...

love it!! It looks so great. You put the pattern on Ravelry!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Genius! I will do this for sure.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous blackberry said...

Likes it.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Mandy said...

It's super cute and looks lovely on you!

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous olivia john said...

I like it

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I this oversized bow. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Sherman Unkefer said...

You are lovely, with that cute bow...

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous www.jonesfantastic4.blogspot.com said...

I love your blog!! especially this one project, I have little girls, so I will try and make some of this ones. I am a beginner knitter so I like blogs with ideas and hints, Thanks!!!

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Selle said...

Lovely!OMG i sorely need to make myself one of these.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Flower Child said...

omg, was on ravelry, saw one of your hats, loved it! anyway, i was at church this morning and a friend said she saw something like this and asked me to knit her one. soo pumped i found you!! my name is kk im almost 15 anyways i knit and im not as good as you but i have a blog and would love it if you checked it out sometime! have i great day, i love your blog,
love,
kk

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Custom Patches said...

Wow! It sure did into something more lovely as you had planned. Great work!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous white collar | green soul said...

i love this!!!
my friend is going to teach me to knit today and she sent me your blog. great stuff - I can't wait to be able to make my own.

- agata.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Where can I buy the checkered baby blanket pattern?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice
suffolk county houses

Get Rid Of Timeshare

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home