Monday, March 26, 2007

shocking the muggles

NYC was a blast! i got to go to a Letterman Show taping (Jack Black was on), enjoyed a day at the Natural History Museum, and of course, the shock the muggles part was sah-weeeet!

it was awesome seeing all the knitters gathered together. the feeling of "fitting in" was incredible! a woman came up to me and said "oh i love your sock, is that monkey?"


this is how knitters greet. they touch the other knitter's knitting. i LOVE this. oh yes, i'm totally wearing the hoodie! and look, it's the yarn harlot!

figures, i have a cheezy michelin man face. i was more star struck then i've ever been. ever. i mean, she's the yarn harlot! after the crowd faded away a little more my mom took some more hoodie pictures...


yay hoodie!

and look at all the knitters...

the yarn harlot was amazing. she was funny and honest and completely entertaining. each person was given needles and yarn to knit a square for "warm-up America" and everyone worked on their square during her speech. i had such a wonderful time.
the harlot wore her amazing bohus sweater (which she took off and threw on the ground and the crowd of knitters yelled at her to fold it neatly, silly knitters)
(super blurry, but you get the idea, right?)

that trip is bound to stay on my favorite memories list forever!

12 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger mary who? said...

oh wow, nyc looks so amazing! and then i've never seen so many knitters in my life! so that's where they're all at? ehhe aww knitter greeting knitter, i do not often see that. and you cph looks so nice! aww good job. ok i'll try to stop awe-ing

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

omg - love your hoodie and so jealous of your trip! I would love to come to NY, but it's a bit far from Glasgow, Scotland.

I'm still working on CPH - the pick up stitches are beating me at the moment.

Cool pics!
Elaine x

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

CPH looks great! What an awesome way to debut CPH!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your CPH is so pretty! I am in love with the blue. Looks like your trip was very fun. Makes me want to go visit NYC.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

I love your blog. Im not new to knitting but I am new to blogging. Well I have knitted for about 3 years, when I got prego with my first baby I wanted to learn then came the other two. So very little time for complicated knits....Im getting there. NYC looked so fun. Im SOOOOOOO jealous.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Your CPH is beautiful! I really like the color. This is my first sweater and I'm a little nervous about the fit. How fun to meet the Yarn Harlot AND to wear your CPH in Central Park!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger pamela said...

i'm joining the green with envy crowd. you're cph turned out great. love the photo with the harlot. can't wait to hear more about your trip.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Sus said...

I'm jealous, too! Your hoodie looks great and the color suits you so well! And how fun that TYH wore the sweater she had been blogging about! Too cool.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Nancy Duarte said...

Wow, what a trip. I was there too and felt the love. I'm trying to embrace my inner knitter (so far I prefer crochet). Great job on you CPH!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful CPH! What a fantastic trip and you got to meet the Yarn Harlot? Way cool.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute hoodie. You are do amazing things with your knitting. Your NYC trip sounds like it was amaizing

Diann

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

supreme clothing
spongebob kyrie 5
off white shoes
yeezy
jordan 1 mid
golden goose
bape
off white outlet
jordan shoes
yeezy supply

 

Post a Comment

<< Home