Sunday, January 06, 2008

i'm a winner! (and an FO update)

the fabulous tiennie of tienneknits fame gave out tons of prizes and i won one of them!!! what an exciting treat. Is there anything more fun than receiving packages?

this was the lovely prize yarn inside:


Knittery sock yarn in "wildflowers" 70% merino 10% cashmere 20% nylon

THANKS TIENNE!!!

now as you may recall, i was frantically knitting a shawl and the cobblestone in the hopes to finish them in time for christmas morning. the shawl was finished with time to spare!

Shetland triangle, laines du nord mulberry silk, 4 balls, size US8 circs

The cobblestone was not finished in time for Christmas but it was finished before NEXT Christmas which is a new accomplishment for me.

a very successful sweater



Specs:
Pattern: Cobblestone by Jared Flood
Yarn: Queensland Collection Kathmadu aran in dark brown
Needles: US 7 circs
size: smallest size
Mods: i made the sleeves and body longer than the suggested measurements because my husband is thin, but very tall

the husband is concerned that the neck opening is too large, so i will add some elastic to see if that makes it better. if not, i may need to add a few rows and decrease a few more stitches...we'll see. anyway, i'm super duper happy with how the sweater turned out and the husband is very pleased with the sweater as well!

12 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE my shawl Rachel. I have worn it a bunch and I know it was knitted with lots and lots of love.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

What a gorgeous shawl! The silk in the yarn gives it a lovely sheen.

Your husband looks great in his Cobblestone, too.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Happily Knit said...

The shawl looks lovely! I just ordered a copy of Interweave's Fall 2007 so I can get my hands on that sweater pattern! I feel like I've loved every one I've seen--yours is no exception :)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Oh how I love that Cobblestone Pullover. So fab. Actually I think the neckline looks pretty goo as is. And she shawl is amazing too!

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! Glad you like it. I think your hubby looks fantastic in the cobblestone. Great job! The shawl is gorgeous too!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger pamela said...

That shawl is beautiful and the cobblestone sweater turned out great too. Happy New Year!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous shawl Rachel and a very lucky and obviously grateful recipient. I love the sweater too! I was looking at that pattern and thinking about my hubby but he doesn't like the necks being too large either. Keep us updated on how you fix it.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I just finished Cobblestone too! Yours looks great! I love the deep color.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mari said...

The shawl turned out beautiful, as did the sweater.

I want to make one fore my husband.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Susan said...

That shawl is amazing! I can't get over how every stitch is so perfect. Lace is my tragic downfall, and I really wish it wasn't because it's so impressive!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

What lovely yarn! The shawl and Cobblestone Pullover are fantastic - great job! I think the Cobblestone looks great with a t-shirt peaking out the top (like he's wearing it)...

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I don't think I've seen a bad looking cobblestone yet and this one is no exception. I may have to knit this one for my DH.... OK first time I've every used "DH" before and it totally still seems weird to me. Probably won't happen again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home