Thursday, November 15, 2007

not-so-secret knitting

i thought about knitting the cobblestone pullover for my husband in secret, but really, we live in the same house.  also i do the majority of my knitting while i watch movies and tv with my husband. so secret knitting was out of the question.  i've been knitting the cobblestone pullover right in front of him and he knows it's for him.  the good part about this is that i can get his approval along the way. 


not that there's a whole lot of sweater to "approve", but it's getting there.  the hubby gave a nod of approval so far. the yarn is queensland kathmandu aran and it's much much much softer than the classic elite skye tweed that the pattern calls for.  the tweedy look is still there, but the comfort level goes way up with the queensland yarn. yum yum.



and by the way, men's sweaters are like, ten times simpler than women's sweaters. no body shaping at all. such nice mindless knitting. the only downside is that my hubby's sweater is a lot bigger than the sweaters i knit for myself, so the pace is much slower. anyway, i'm really liking how it's turning out so far!

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous so far! Love the color!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am knitting this for my bro for Christmas--planning to cast on tonight actually. I am hoping it will at least go fast enough for me to finish by the 25th. Yours is looking great--I love the color.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

That will be a great sweater! It would be incredibly hard to knit it in secret : 0

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I'm excited to finally start knitting...you're an inspiration! Up until now, I've bought my women's sweaters at JCPenney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home